Wednesday, March 9, 2011

There are no kids in this house,
and there never will be. At least not while I'm in it.
Its not sad. More of a relief.

I used to tell myself I didn't like kids. But I do.
Then I used to say I couldn't be a dad. Maybe I could.
I don't really care about the dad part - its the lifestyle I'm not cut out for.

I like quiet too much (and expensive ties).
I don't want to drive my SUV to costco on Sundays...
Its just not me; I aim to travel the world.

A friend in the inner circle called and told me she was pregnant.
I was ecstatic.
I have more fun watching my friends have kids than almost anything.

Marriages...jobs....divorce... thats all just routine stuff
(Don't tell anyone but I do get excited about divorce).
I thought this stuff was all going to be so foreign when I was young but it seems like more of the same shit really...

I want the different shit.

1 comment:

Marie said...

I think it's super generous of you to be ecstatic for your friend. My first response is still "Eew." Have to work on that...