Wednesday, March 9, 2011

One of my old friends is a successful entrepreneur.
One of my old friends is a biotech research manager.
One of my old friends is in a famous band.

I don't talk to any of them; I just stalk them online every now and again.
The enormous pride that I feel at knowing these incredible people is....well...its enormous.
I used to sit tight at moments of recollection like this, trying like hell to avoid the intense feeling that my life had somehow gone astray.

I don't feel like that anymore.
But every once in awhile...for a second...I feel like I was stuck for a few years of my life.
Its not a good feeling. It was so much worse when I was actually there and in denial of it.
Denial in a way is worse than the inability to realize your dream because its the inability to realize reality, and then, in a sense, its better, because in your own reality, you can create your own dream.

Yes this is what I spent nights awake thinking about..

I was so stupid.
Don't be stupid; surround yourself with people who have class. Intelligence.
Surround yourself with people who will tell you what they think, even if it might hurt a little.
Be true to yourself so that you can find the people who will like you for who you are, make way for the opportunities that will benefit you, and live the life that will suit you - one that you will enjoy.

Because it might not last long.
And if thats too negative for you than clap your hands, Tinkerbell.
Clap them until they bleed.

No comments: